Ingredients for the Culinary School Pork with Apple Stuffing Recipes (serve 6)
- Oven temp: 250 c, 500 f, Gas 9
- 1.5 kg / 3 lb loin of pork, with bone in, rind scored
- 30 g / 1 oz butter
- 1 green apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup / 60 g / 2 oz breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Make a pocket in the pork by separating bones from meat, leaving both ends intact.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add apple. Cook, stirring, for 2 - 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, lemon rind allspice, apple jelly and sultanas. Season to taste.
- Pack stuffing into pocket in pork. Place on a roasting rack set in a baking dish. Rub rind with salt. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 190 c/ 375 f / Gas 5. Bake for 1 hour longer or until pork is cooked.
- Finally enjoy your Culinary School Pork with Apple Stuffing.
- Appetizer: Basil and Almond Soup
- Main Dish: Pork with Apple Stuffing
- Dessert: Golden Waffles